Monday, October 17, 2011

Speed Scrap and Text Wrap

Well, yesterday was Sunday, so that means it was Speed Scrap time on the MyMemories Facebook page. These were the instructions:
I ended up making three layouts:
I had a lot of fun with this technique, once I watched the video and figured out how to do it! The picture of Paul at the Alamo is from our trip to San Antonio in December 2009. I started on the album for the trip, but I didn't get very far. Since we went in December, I want to use a Christmas theme. The problem? The only Christmas "supplies" I have are the freebies I've found. None of them are quite what I'm looking for. As soon as I have the extra money, I'll buy a kit or two and really get started on it.
Since I couldn't work on the San Antonio trip, I decided to work on our Houston trip from June 2010. Since it was summer, I decided to go with a summer theme. Again, I haven't bought any summer kits yet, but I have enough from the MMS software and the freebies I've downloaded that I can move forward with it. I'm sure I'll make some changes, add some embellishments, when I buy more goodies. Here's the first page with photos:
The challenge on the MyMemories blog this week is Text Wrap. I've been thinking and thinking, trying to come up with a submission. I love text wrap, but I haven't used it very often. None of the layouts I've worked on since Wednesday have been good candidates for wrapping text around the photo. Until this one:

I know this is not the challenge-winning layout, but that isn't really the point. If I only entered challenges that I thought I would win, I'd never enter. Challenges are fun. I get to create something and maybe even get some feedback on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment